The installation of the photovoltaic system (PV system), which will produce renewable energy in the form of electricity, being in line with the ‘Maurice Ile Durable’ project of the Government, was approved by the HRDC Council in 2011 to the tune of Rs 5 million and the MITD was entrusted for its implementation.
The site of installation of the PV systems is as follows:
• Stand-alone PV system to MITD, Knowledge-based Training Centre,
• Military Road, Port Louis.
• Grid-tie PV system to MITD, Ecole Hoteliere Sir Gaetan Duval, Ebene, Rose Hill.
• Stand-alone PV system to MITD, SITEC, Ebene, Rose Hill.
- To dispense training at national level to University students and professionals (especially engineers, technicians, designers) as well as to staff of the MITD.