Registered training centres can claim 50% of relevant training expenses up to a ceiling of Rs 200,000 per week for a maximum period of 2 weeks in case they bring in foreign resource persons in scarcity and/or priority areas to conduct training in Mauritius subject to the following:
1. The training centre will be eligible to bring in up to a maximum of 5 resource persons during any financial year ending 31 December.
2. The same resource person cannot come more than twice during the same financial year for the same training centre..
3. To qualify for the 2 weeks, the resource person should dispense training for at least 7 days and the total number of training hours should not be less than 5 hours per day.
4. Application Form G11 for use of foreign expertise should be submitted to the HRDC at least 2 weeks and obtain the prior approval of the HRDC. The training programmes should be MQA/TEC approved. Application form G12 should be submitted along with invoice, receipts and other relevant documents.
5. Registered Training Centres and Employers can only benefit from one of the schemes, i.e, in-house training scheme or foreign expertise scheme for the same course/ workshop/ seminar/conference.
6. The Workshop/ Seminar should be conducted for a minimum of 15 participants and should be opened to the public.